Now that your SIM card is provisioned and activated in the Aeris network, you must configure your device's Access Point Name (APN) to access data services. The APN is a reference to an IP address in the Aeris gateway (GGSN/P-GW), where your IoT device connects for data services. DNS is used to resolve the APN to the IP address of the Aeris gateway.
In this article:
What is an APN?
Choosing an APN
- Your Aeris connectivity service.
- The region where your devices will be used.
To find the APN:
- Click SIMs in the left navigation menu.
- Select the desired SIM. This opens the SIM INFORMATION window.
- Click the SETTINGS tab.
- Locate the Allowed APNs. This indicates which APN you should use to configure your device. In this example screenshot, it is
Note: You can also use AerPort search to jump to the SIM INFORMATION window from the Dashboard. Simply type the SIM identifier into the search field and click the search icon.