Once you have access to your AerPort account, identify and verify the SIMs in your account inventory.
In this article:
Identifying Your SIMs
Each SIM has a unique identifier referred to as the Integrated Circuit Card ID (ICCID). If you are using removable SIM cards, the ICCID is printed on both the SIM and the SIM punch out card, which is about the size of a credit card. The punch out card also has the identifier in bar code format to facilitate automation during the manufacturing process. If you are using an embedded SIM (eSIM), the ICCID is printed on the SIM but is hardly visible with the naked eye.
Verifying Your SIM Inventory
Before activating a SIM, it must be loaded into your AerPort account inventory. Aeris automatically loads your SIMs into your account when they ship them, so the SIMs you receive should be listed in your account and ready for activation. However, you should verify your SIMs are assigned to your account's SIM inventory before you activate them.
- Log in to the AerPort portal.
- In the left navigation menu, click SIMs > Activate SIMs. This loads
your SIM Inventory. Note: If SIMs are in the inventory, they are not active on the network.
- (Optional) If you use multiple Aeris products, select the product from the drop-down
menu. For each SIM, you will see the following column headers:
- Integrated Circuit Card Identifier (ICCID): Unique identifier of the SIM.
- International Mobile Subscriber Identity (IMSI): Unique identifier of the subscriber information specific to your SIM and the Aeris network. Carriers use the IMSI to identify your network.
- Date Assigned: The date that Aeris SIM Fulfillment assigned your SIMs to your account, which is likely the day that your SIMs were shipped.
To activate your SIMs for network use, you first must provision them. You can provision your SIMs manually in AerPort or automatically using the Aeris APIs. To learn more about the provisioning process, see Activate SIMs for the First Time.