When you have an immediate or impromptu need for information on your account or SIMs (devices), use the Build tab to obtain the data you seek.
In this article:
The Build tab of the Report Center gives you the tools to create, generate, save, and download custom reports. Each time you create a report from the Build A Report page, the report is stored automatically and is accessible to you from the Manual Reports tab. The report is also emailed to you (the user that is logged in), and the email contains a link to download the file. You also have the option to save the report as a Scheduled Report so that it is run on a recurring basis.
- Select Reports from the left main menu.
- By default, the Build tab is displayed.
- The Build A Report screen appears.
The Report Generation Process
AerPort provides both custom reports and predefined monthly reports.
- Custom reports are created from the Build tab, and you have the flexibility to define the type and scope of data displayed.
- Monthly reports are predefined in their type and scope. They are accessible from the Monthly tab.
The following process describes how to define and work with custom reports.
- Select report options and generate a preview from the Build tab.
- Optionally download the full report from the Build tab.
- View and download recently run custom reports from the Manual Reports tab.
- From the Build tab, optionally save the report as a Scheduled Report.
- View and download recently run Scheduled Reports from the Scheduled Reports tab.
- Edit the type and scope of data, and the email recipients, for Scheduled Reports from the Manage tab.
Creating a Report
Start by clicking on the Build tab. The Build A Report page appears.
- To begin creating a report, select the Report Type.
- Each report type has a different set of additional criteria. For example, many reports have a Date selection. Select to include data for a particular timeframe from the Date dropdown, if applicable.
- Make selections from the blue dropdown boxes shown. For information on report criteria,
see Report Types, Account-Level and
- Click Generate Report. After a few moments, a report preview is displayed.
After the report is generated, it is emailed to you, and it is stored and accessible to you from the Manual Reports tab.
Viewing the Report Preview
All reports created from the Build tab will generate a report preview for immediate viewing:
- This preview displays a maximum of 100 entries.
- Only the most relevant columns appear on-screen.
- For device-specific reports, only the identifier selected during the report creation process is displayed in the report preview. For example, if the MIN device attribute was used to identify devices while creating a report, then only the MIN of each device will be provided in the report preview.
- To view the entire report, click the Download button underneath the report
preview. The report downloads as a CSV file. The downloaded report includes all entries
and all available columns.
Saving the Report as a Scheduled Report
When you have generated a custom report that suits your needs, you can schedule it to be run on a recurring basis.
- Click Save as Scheduled Report.
- The Scheduled Report Editor appears. It is pre-populated with the selections you made on the Build page to generate the report.
- Note that the Date dropdown may have different options than the Build page. Check and update your selection for the scope of data to include in the report.
- Enter a name for the report in the Name field. As a best practice, considering indicating the frequency in the name of the report. For example, "All Device Detail (daily)".
- From the Frequency dropdown, select the schedule for when the report should be
run. The frequency defines how often the report will be generated. The frequency choices
available vary based on the Report Type and Date selected. For information
on report criteria, see Report Types, Account-Level and
- Click Save.
Note that a maximum of 5 scheduled reports per report type is allowed per account; additional scheduled reports can be requested by contacting your Aeris account manager.
After saving the report, go to the Manage tab to designate the report recipient(s).
Creating a Daily Traffic Usage Report Using an Input File
To create a Daily Traffic Usage report with an input file:
- From the Build tab, select the Report Type "Daily Traffic Usage."
- Select the Date range.
- Select ICCID as the Device Attribute type.
- Select Save as Scheduled Report.
- Select Upload File.
- Enter a Report Name.
- Click Save.